Recipe and photo courtesy of Naren Young of Saxon + Parole.
- 375 milliliters dry vermouth, preferably Noilly Prat
- 1/2 cup chopped Cerignola olives
- 1 1/2 ounces navy-strength gin, preferably Perry’s Tot
- A few drops of extra-virgin olive oil
- Mixed olives, for serving
1. Combine vermouth and chopped olives in a sealed glass container and let sit for 3 days. Shake periodically.
2. Chill a cocktail glass by filling it with ice or putting it in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
3. In a mixing glass filled three-quarters full with ice, pour the gin and 1 1/2 ounces of the infused vermouth. Stir until chilled, about 30 seconds, and strain into the chilled glass. Carefully drip a few drops of olive oil (with an eye-dropper, if possible) onto the drink’s surface. Serve with a small dish of mixed olives.
|Time ||Level ||Yield |
|10 minutes || Moderate || 1 servings |