Recipe and photo by Maria Desiderata Montana, publisher of the award-winning food blog San Diego Food Finds and author of Food Lovers’ Guide to San Diego, the San Diego Chef’s Table: Extraordinary Recipes From America’s Finest City and The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Cookbook.
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 4 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Miller’s Blend Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for coating the grill
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 ounce Alaskan White Cod fillets
- 8 corn tortillas
- In a large bowl combine cabbage and peppers. Add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper. Lightly toss and set aside.
- Preheat grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high heat and brush grill rack with olive oil. Grill fish until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes on each side, more or less, depending on thickness. Remove fillets from grill and cut into small sections. (Each 6-ounce fillet will make 2 tacos)
- Place corn tortilla on a plate and fill with a spoon of the green cabbage and red pepper slaw. Top with fish. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.