- 1 (packed) cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ (packed) cup fresh oregano
- 1 (packed) cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (1¼-pound) skirt steak
For the Chimichurri Sauce
In a blender, combine the herbs, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice and California Olive Ranch EVOO.
Process to make a thick, textured puréed sauce.
Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed with salt, pepper, pepper flakes and vinegar.
For the Skirt Steak
Combine the skirt steak and 1/3 cup of the Chimichurri in a plastic zip-top bag; remove as much air as possible. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Reserve the remaining Chimichurri to use as a sauce.
Remove the steak from the marinade, and discard. Shake off the excess, then pat dry with paper towel; allow to come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking. Grill until the meat is seared and crusty on the outside and medium-rare on the inside (internal temperature 130° to 135°F), about 3 to 4 minutes per side. For medium, cook to 140° to 145°F.
Allow the steak to rest for at least 5 minutes, then slice across the grain on the diagonal into thin slices. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Viking Cooking School