- 1 turkey, cut into pieces (8 to 10 lbs)
- 4 large limes, juiced
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 20 oz. tomato sauce, seasoned with herbs
- 2 T. rosemary
- 1 ½ Tbsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ large Spanish onions, cut in ¼ inch slices
- 4 large carrots, cut and cubed
- 2 large potatoes, cut and cubed
The night before, combine in a large glass bowl ingredients 1 to 8 and toss well with ½ cup of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Another alternative is to do this process before the cooking takes place (four hours minimum).
Transfer ingredients to an oven-safe pot or pan and add onions. Cover with foil to help retain juices. Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 1½ hours.
Check to make sure the juices are not overflowing, and adjust remaining time if needed. A good rule of thumb is 12 minutes per pound. Once the turkey is nearly done, add the carrots and potatoes. Continue to cook for an additional 45 minutes.
Uncover and broil until golden brown on top. Your end result will be a juicy turkey dinner that can be enjoyed with any side dish.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Tony Polito