- Four 7-oz skinless, boneless swordfish steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup California Olive Ranch extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Celeriac Orange and Walnut Salad
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 11⁄4 lb celeriac, trimmed and peeled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- sea salt
- 2 oranges, peeled, white pith removed and sliced into 1⁄4-inch rounds
For The Swordfish:
Cut the swordfish into 11⁄4-inch pieces. Combine in a bowl with the garlic, orange juice, 1⁄4 cup of the olive oil and dill and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2–3 hours. Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes, then drain well.
For the Salad:
Combine the orange juice and orange zest in a large bowl. Cut the celeriac in half lengthwise, finely slice, then cut into very fine matchsticks, adding them to the orange juice mixture in the bowl as you go to prevent them from browning — you may need to add a little more juice to coat the celeriac but take care not to add too much or the dressing will be too thin. Add the garlic and walnuts, then season with salt and toss well to combine. Just before serving fold in the orange slices.
Preheat a grill or griddle pan to medium-high. Drain the fish and thread onto the soaked skewers, brush with the remaining oil and cook the fish, turning often for about 5 minutes, or until just cooked through but still a little pink in the middle. Serve immediately with the salad.
Recipe courtesy of Turkey (Chronicle Books, 2012), by Leanne Kitchen
Reprinted with permission from the publisher