Recipe by San Diego food journalist Maria Desiderata Montana of www.sandiegofoodfinds.com.
Photo by John Dole Photography
Dark purple kalamata olives and bright red tomatoes make this delicious pasta a feast for the eyes.
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 cup cherry or sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 16 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
Step 2: Add garlic, scallions, tomatoes and olives. Sauté, stirring very gently, about 5 minutes or until tomatoes and onions soften. Cover and remove from heat.
Step 3: Cook pasta and drain in a colander, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl and add pasta water. Add remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil and tomato mixture and toss until well combined. Top with Pecorino Romano cheese. Serve family style.
|Time ||Level ||Yield |
|1 Hour ||Easy ||8 servings