Recipe courtesy of Salad of the Day (Weldon Owen Inc., 2012), by Georgeanne Brennan
- 3 Tbsp. prepared basil pesto
- 11⁄2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- About 4 cups mixed red, yellow, and orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 burrata cheese
- Small fresh basil leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the pesto and vinegar. Add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, add to the bowl, and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper and use a slotted spoon to mound them on a serving platter. Nestle the cheese in the center and drizzle with some pesto dressing from the bowl. Garnish with the basil leaves and serve.