- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups very thinly sliced fresh asparagus (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas (about 3 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or scallion greens
Combine lemon zest and juice, California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl.
Add lettuce, asparagus, peas, tomatoes and chives (or scallion greens); toss to coat.
To make ahead: Cover and refrigerate the dressing for up to 5 days.
Recipe courtesy of Countryman Press, EatingWell in Season