Recipe courtesy of Alter Eco Foods
Ingredients For the salad
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash drizzled with extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Alter Eco Red Quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Pink Lady Apple, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbl fresh chopped parsley
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
For the dressing
- Zest from 1 orange
- 3 Tbl fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbl minced shallot
- 1 Tsp agave syrup
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/ 3 cup extra virgin olive oil
To make dressing
Whisk together orange-sage dressing ingredients except the olive oil. Slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk until emulsified. Add salt to taste.
To make salad
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, place butternut on a medium roasting pan, drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle wit salt and pepper. Roast in the center of the oven until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes, turning squash over once.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet and lightly toast the pecans, till fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cook red quinoa as directed on package. Slightly cool cooked quinoa before adding remaining ingredients.
- In a large salad bowl, add in the quinoa, roasted butternut, apples, spinach, parsley, and toasted pecans. Drizzle with desired amount of orange-sage dressing. Serve at room temperature.