Recipe and photo courtesy Jennifer Farley of Savory Simple
For the almonds:
● 1/2 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil
● 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
● 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
● 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
● 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
● 1 cup California Almonds
For the salad:
● 6 ounce clamshell fresh blueberries
● 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil
● 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
● Pinch of sea salt and pepper
● 4 - 6 cups baby arugula
● 1 California Avocado
1. Prepare the almonds: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, cayenne and sea salt. Add the almonds and stir until coated evenly. Spread in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Bake the almonds for 10 minutes, stir, and then bake for an additional 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. Prepare the dressing: Turn the oven up to 400 degrees F. Place 1 cup of the blueberries onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Roast for 12-16 minutes, gently shaking the pan every 4 minutes so that the blueberries cook evenly. Allow to cool and then add the blueberries and pan juices to a blender. Add the olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
3. Prepare the salad: Divide the arugula evenly onto 4 plates. Top with spiced candied almonds, avocado slices, the remaining blueberries and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and serve.
|Time ||Level ||Yield |
|30 minutes || Easy || 4 servings |