- 4 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2-3 cups Bread, hi-quality including, Ciabatta, Italian, or baguette, toasted, then cut into 3" cubes
- 3 cups California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- Garnish Garlic aioli, optional
- Garnish Parsley, fresh, chopped, optional
Pour stock into large kettle and add garlic. Bring to boil over medium low heat, and simmer gently until garlic is fork tender.
Add the toasted bread and stir to moisten. Pour mixture into large bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse mixture carefully, as liquid is hot.
Add 1/3 of the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil to the stock. Continue to pulse or purée until smooth, adding the olive oil in two more additions. Season to taste.
Ladle into four large soup bowls and top each with a dollop of garlic aioli and a sprinkle of fresh parsley if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Mark Estee, Moody's Bistro and Lounge, Truckee, CA