- 1 cup sourdough breadcrumbs
- 10 medium Brandywine or Purple Cherokee Tomatoes
- 2 each red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ each English cucumber, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 each medium red onion, chopped
- 2 each cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ each fresh red jalapeno, stemmed and seeded
- 1 ½ cups California Olive Ranch Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dry red wine
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. toasted, cumin seed, ground
- To taste kosher salt and black pepper
In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, onion, garlic, jalapeno, California Olive Ranch Arbequina extra virgin olive oil, red wine, Worcestershire, vinegar and cumin. Cover and let stand at room temperature for one hour.
Puree with a stick blender until smooth, then pass through a medium strainer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
Alternately, make a yellow gazpacho substituting yellow heirloom tomatoes such as Lemonboy or Garden Peach, substitute yellow onion for the red, yellow peppers for the red, white wine for the red, white wine or champagne vinegar for the red, etc.
To serve, simultaneously pour the red and yellow gazpachos together into a martini glass and garnish as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Adam R. Jones, Palomino Restaurant, San Francisco, CA