Recipe and photo courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
Alaska Salmon with Provençal Vegetables Vinaigretteyields 4 servings - level Easy
For the Salmon
- 4 Alaska Salmon steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup Fumé Blanc
For the Garnish
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- Lemon wedges
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried Herbes de Provence or 1 teaspoon each dried basil leaves and dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup frozen tiny green beans (haricots verts), defrosted
- 6 red new potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 small red onion, slivered lengthwise, rinsed in cold water and drained thoroughly
- 1/4 cup pitted imported olives, such as Kalamata
- 1 Tablespoon drained capers
- Before cooking the salmon, mix all Provençal Vegetables Vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of salmon with a little of the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Place salmon, skin side up, in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn salmon over and season with salt and pepper. Move the pan off the burner, add wine to pan, and immediately return pan to burner. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 4 to 6 minutes for frozen salmon or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Remove fish to a platter; do not wash the pan. In the pan that the fish was cooked in, add the Provençal Vegetables Vinaigrette, and heat over high heat until just warmed, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over fish on platter, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Serve immediately.