Arugula Salad with Watermelon and Fetayields 4 servings - level Easy
- 1 small watermelon (4 to 5 pounds)
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 ounces baby arugula, stemmed
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cut the watermelon in half lengthwise, turn the halves cut-side down, and cut each into 1-inch slices. Trim the rind from the watermelon and then cut each half-moon of trimmed watermelon in ½-inch cubes by cutting crosswise and lengthwise in ½-inch increments (think checkerboard). Arrange the squares on a serving platter. Sprinkle each square with a few sea salt crystals.
- Whisk together the vinegar and honey in a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce until it is syrupy, 5 to 7 minutes. Let it cool to room temperature, then drizzle the watermelon with the vinegar syrup.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and pile the greens on top of the watermelon. Drizzle with the remaining vinegar syrup and sprinkle with the feta before serving.