Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alejandro Rodriguez of Nopa
Baked White Beansyields 2 servings - level Easy
- 1 can large white bean, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Cook white beans (dry or fresh when in season) 1-4 hours depending on fresh or dry product. Save some of the liquid and add to the final product as needed.
- In a separate pot, use olive oil to saute with garlic, oregano and onion. Combine the cooked white beans with the tomato mixture.
- The bean mixture is filled into a small baking dish, which is topped with cubed feta, breadcrumbs and oregano pesto. Baking time is 3-6 minutes depending on broiler. After bubbly hot, the dish is placed on a small oval plate for easy handling and topped with olive oil to finish.