Recipe and photo courtesy of Jason Goodenough of Carrollton Market
Barely Warmed Tuna Carpaccioyields 4 servings - level Moderate
- 12 oz. best quality, sushi grade yellowfin tuna, cut in to four 3 oz. pieces
- 1 Tbs finely chopped nicoise olives
- 1 Tbs capers
- 12 large leaves of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Place a piece of tuna between two pieces of plastic wrap. Lightly pound the tuna until it is approximately 4.5” in diameter and 1/8” thick. Using a 4.5” ring cutter, trace the tuna with a very sharp paring knife to make a perfect circle. You can store the tuna in its plastic wrap for up to five hours refrigerated.
- Deep fry the capers at 350 degrees until they burst and are crispy, approximately thirty seconds.
- To assemble, place a round of tuna on each of four plates. Divide the nicoise olives, fried capers, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt between the four plates. In a pan, get the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil extremely hot, until basically smoking. Being very careful, spoon one tablespoon of CA Olive Ranch California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil over each piece of plated tuna to flash sear and barely warm it. Garnish each piece with 3 leaves of parsley. Serve immediately.