Recipe courtesy of Micki Sannar – OliveOilDesserts.com.
Cinnamon Pecan Mini Tartsyields 20 mini tarts - level Easy
prep time 30 minutes
- 3 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil +1 Tbs
- 1 Tbs pure cane sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose, unbleached Bob’s Red Mill Flour
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin tins with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil baking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, sugar & flour. Mix well until completely combined.
- Divide into 20 equal sized small balls and press into sides and bottom of ungreased miniature muffin tins.
- Combine pecans, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, salt & remaining 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Beat until smooth. Divide pecan/egg mixture equally among 20 unbaked tarts.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm or cold.