Coconut-Vegetable Curry with Cashewsyields 4-6 servings - level Moderate
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 cups diced (½ inch) unpeeled eggplant (about 8 ounces)
- 1 can (15–16 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups ½-inch cauliflower florets (from ½ small head, cored and thick stems removed)
- 1 cup diced (½ inch) onion
- 1 cup diced (½ inch) carrot
- 1 cup ½-inch lengths green beans (about 4 ounces)
- 2–3 tsp. minced seeded jalapeño or serrano pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Madras curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) regular or light coconut milk
- ½ cup coarsely chopped roasted unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until shimmering.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook, stirring, until they are a shade darker, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and chickpeas and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, onion, carrot, green beans, jalapeño, ginger, curry powder, garlic, salt and turmeric. Cook, stirring, adjusting the heat to maintain a steady sizzle, for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the curry into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the cashews and cilantro and serve.