Recipe from Colorado Classique: A Collection of Fresh Recipes from the Rockies by the Junior League of Denver (Wimmer Cookbooks, 2009)
Colorado Potato Hash
- 2 russet or purple potaotes
- 2 red potatoes
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbl chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Tbl chopped fresh shallots
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- Italian parsley, finely chopped, to taste
- 6 slices Applewood bacon, cooked and chopped
- Dice unpeeled potatoes into medium-sized cubes and blanch half way in boiling water. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold running water until fully cooled. Toss potaotes in a small amount of oil to prevent sticking; refrigerate.
- Heat a saute pan and add California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Add potaotes slowly to avoid any splatter of oil, and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and shallots and saute until golden brown. Add blue cheese and cook until melted. Add cream and cook until reduced by three-fourths. This mixture should be thick and hearty. Season as needed with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley and bacon.