Recipe provided by Chef Alex Seidel of Mercantile Dining & Provision in Denver, Colorado. Photo courtesy of Karson Hallaway.
Escalivadayields Serves 6 - level Moderate
- 1 cup roasted/cleaned/julienned eggplant
- 1 cup roasted/cleaned/julienned red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 ounces California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce sherry vinegar
- lemon juice, salt, pepper, chives, parsley to taste
- Ciabatta bread sliced and grilled
- 1 cup Fruition Farms Ricotta Cheese
- Place whole eggplant and whole red peppers in large sauce pan and fill in empty spaces with dry wood chips.
- Place on grill and allow to roast completely, turning vegetables periodically for even cooking
- When vegetables have reached desired cookery, place into container and wrap with plastic and allow to steam for about an hour
- Remove skin and seeds from both eggplant and red peppers and julienne
- Combine all ingredients and adjust seasoning.
- To finish add herbs and mix well
- Spread fresh ricotta on each slice of grilled ciabatta, top with Escalivada, drizzle with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil