Recipe courtesy of Matthew Kadey, Muffin Tin Mania
Feta Sage Muffinsyields 12 Muffins - level Easy
• 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
• 1/2 cup finely ground yellow cornmeal
• 2 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or other granulated sugar of choice
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup canned (drained and rinsed) or cooked dried chickpeas
• 3/4 cup low-fat milk
• 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
• 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh sage
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup diced feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a blender or food processor, whirl together chickpeas, milk, yogurt, olive oil, sage and garlic until smooth.
3. Pour chickpea mixture into dry ingredients and mix gently. Fold in feta. Divide batter among 12 standard-sized greased or paper lined muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool several minutes before unfolding. Best served warmed.