Green Couscousyields 4 servings - level Moderate
- 1 cup couscous
- ¾ cup boiling water or vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
For the herb paste
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 6 tbsp California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup unsalted pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 fresh green chile, finely sliced
- 1 ¼ cup arugula leaves, chopped
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and cover with the boiling water or stock. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil on medium until golden and completely soft. Add the salt and cumin and mix well. Leave to cool slightly.
- To make the herb paste, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add the herb paste to the couscous and mix everything together well with a fork to fluff it up. Now add the cooked onion, the pistachios, green onions, green chile and arugula and gently mix. Serve at room temperature.