Recipe courtesy of Neal Fraser of Redbird, photo courtesy of Mary Costa.
Hiramasa Crudo with Grapefruityields Serves 4 - level Intermediate
prep time 20 Minutes
- 1 pound Hiramasa Fillet, skin off, blood line removed, sliced into 16 slices (if you cannot find Hiramasa, sub Hamachi, Kampachi or another high quality fish you can eat raw)
- 1 each grapefruit, peeled and cut into supremes
- 1/8 ounces togarashi (Japanese pepper, available at any Japanese grocery)
- 1 each lemon to zest
- 1/8 ounce sea salt, flakey, like maldon
- 1 each shiso leaf, torn into little peaces
- 1 ounces of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Place 4 slices of fish on 4 chilled plates.
- Garnish with grapefruit, togarashi, lemon zest, sea salt and shiso leaf.
- Finish with the olive oil.