Recipe courtesy of Karin Calloway
Honey-Citrus Marinated Asparagusyields 12 servings - level Easy
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- ½ cup champagne vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 navel orange cut into segments
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Blanch or steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Submerge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking. When asparagus is cool, drain off the water, pat dry with paper towels, and set aside.
- Combine orange zest and juice with vinegar, honey and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil in a large zip-top plastic bag. Squeeze bag to combine ingredients, taste and season with salt and pepper. Add asparagus, orange segments and red onion, seal bag tightly and refrigerate for several hours or over night.
- Place asparagus on a serving platter and drizzle with the marinade and arrange the orange segments and red onion on top.