Recipe developed for California Olive Ranch by Kelly Brisson of The Gouda Life
Lavender Olive Oil Wafflesyields 8-10 waffles
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried lavender
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Whip the egg whites into stiff peaks and set aside.
- Stir together the flours, baking powder, salt and lavender in a large bowl. Whisk together the wet ingredients, including egg yolks, and pour into the dry ingredients. Whisk together until no pockets of flour remain. The batter will be a little lumpy and that’s completely fine. Gently fold in the egg whites. Bake according to waffle manufacturers instructions. Serve with softened butter and maple syrup or honey.