Recipe from Marge Perry and David Bonom
Lemon Olive Oil Cakeyields Serves 16
For the cake
- Cooking Spray
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 Tbl lemon juice
- 1 Tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tsp lemon extract
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbl + 2 Tsp lemon juice
- Spray 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add eggs, oil, milk, lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla. With mixer on low speed, beat 3 minutes until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350F oven 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes before glazing.
- For the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir with a spoon until smooth, then spoon glaze over cake. Let set 30 minutes before slicing.