Recipe courtesy of Alter Eco Foods
Maple Glazed Green Beans with Toasted Quinoayields 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound French haricot verts or thin green beans
- 2 Tbl California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Rinse quinoa under cold water until runs clear. Place quinoa in a large skillet, over medium heat, stir until dry. 1 minute. Turn heat to medium-high, stir until the grains start to brown and a nutty smell arises. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Place water in a large skillet, heat to a boil. Add green beans, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, steam 3-minutes or until slightly under done. Pour off water. Add California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, stir for 30 seconds to coat green beans then add maple syrup, red pepper, and salt. Turn heat to high for 1-2 minute, stirring constantly, until green beans are glazed with caramelized maple syrup. Adjust time for cooking if green beans are large.
- Transfer to green beans to a serving dish and sprinkle with toasted quinoa.