Recipe and photo courtesy of Walter Manske of Republique LA
Olive Oil Cured Bronzino Fillets with Lemon Zestyields 12 servings - level Moderate
- 5 lbs Bronzino with skin on
- 2 cups kosher salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup smoked paprika
- 4 lemons zest
- 6 springs of thyme chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 cups California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together and cover the bottom of a sheet pan with ½ of the mixture and lay bronzino skin side up on salt mixture and cover with remaining salt.
- Weigh down filets and refrigerate for 6 hours
- Rinse filets and layer in a large jar with thyme and lemon slices.
- Fill jar and cover all filets with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil (may use more than 8 cups of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil)
- Keep jarred filets in refrigerator for 1 week
- Remove filets from jar and enjoy with toasted bread and bitter greens such as arugula.