Recipe courtesy of Jose Andres, Culinary Director at SLS Hotel, Tres by Jose Andres.
Olive Oil Pancakesyields 8-10 pancakes - level Easy
prep time 15 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey, preferably lemon honey
- Fresh mint leaves
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the egg, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons of the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil in a medium sauté pan over
- medium-low heat. Ladle 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Flip the pancake with spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side. Transfer the pancake to a warm oven. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil to the pan as needed.
- To serve, drizzle the pancakes with honey and garnish with mint.