Recipe courtesy of Hip Foodie Mom
Pecan Pie Tart
For the olive oil dough
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup very cold water
For the filling
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw blue agave
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 -3 cups pecan halves
For the olive oil crust:
- Using your food processor, combine the flour, salt and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and pulse for less than 4-5 seconds. Sprinkle the very cold water over the flour mixture and pulse until the pastry just begins to come together, only for about 7-8 seconds; do not overwork the dough.
- Transfer the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil pastry dough to a lightly floured work surface, gather it together to combine everything and form into a ball or mound. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30-40 minutes before rolling out.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough from the refrigerator, roll out on a lightly floured work surface and transfer to a baking dish. Press into the baking dish and prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes, or when slightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
For the filling:
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, mix together the light corn syrup and dark brown sugar, until the sugar has dissolved, only for a minute or two.
- Remove from the heat and then whisk in the eggs until thoroughly blended. Whisk in the vanilla extract, raw blue agave and salt and stir in the pecans until combined.
- Pour the pecan filling into the prebaked California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil crust and bake for about 35 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Transfer the baking dish to a rack and let it cool for at least one hour. You can serve immediately or refrigerate overnight and serve chilled or at room temperature the following day.