Recipe from Colorado Classique: A Collection of Fresh Recipes from the Rockies by the Junior League of Denver (Wimmer Cookbooks, 2009)
Risotto with Artichoke Heartsyields Serves 6
- 3 cloved garlic, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 Tbl California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups dry Arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 14oz cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tsp chopped fresh dill
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Sautee garlic and onion sin California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil until softened. Add rice and saute until translucent.
- Add enough chicken broth to cover rice. Summer over medium heat until broth is almost completely absorbed. Continue to add broth about 1 cup at a time, and simmer until broth is absorbed and rice is tender. Add artichokes, peas, dill and lemon zest. Cook until heated through. Mix in Parmesan cheese and serve.