Recipe courtesy of Chef Parke Ulrich of Waterbar
Summer Melon Saladyields 4 Servings - level Easy
prep time 20 Minutes
- 2 to 3 small ripe melons, such as charentais, piel de sapo, Tuscan, Butterscotch
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 8 slices shaved proscuitto
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 16 padron peppers
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- ½ cup melon sorbet
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted and rough chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Peel and de-seed the melons, cut into various shapes and sizes. Arrange the melon on the bottom of a serving plate, showing off the different colors of the melons. Pour 2 tablespoons of almond milk on the bottom of the plate, just enough to cover the very bottom of the melons.
- Carefully drape the shaved prosciutto over the melons.
- In a smoking hot pan, add canola oil and quickly add pardons. Constantly move the peppers around until fully blistered. Place onto a paper towel to soak any extra oil up, season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Place padrons leaning up against melons, scattered across the plate.
- With a small ice cream scoop, scoop 3 bite size scoops of sorbet on the plate, resting against the melons and padrons.
- Garnish with almonds, arugula, and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.