Recipe courtesy of Peggy Knickerbocker, Olive Oil: From Tree to Table (Chronicle Books, 2007)
Tattooed Potatoes with Rosemaryyields 4-6 servings - level Easy
prep time 55 minutes
- 1/3 to ½ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked pepper
- 6 small fresh rosemary sprigs or Italian parsley leaves
- 3 russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil into a medium-sized glass baking dish; add salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Press a rosemary sprig or parsley leaf on the cut side of each potato half and place cut side down in the oil. Bake until the potatoes are nicely browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, using a spatula, gently move them every now and then to keep them from sticking.
- When they are ready, remove them for the pan, turning them flat side up and carefully leaving the pressed herb in place. Arrange on a platter and serve immediately.