Recipe and photo courtesy of Viviane Bauquet Farre of Food & Style
Tomato Salad with Baby Mozzarella Ballsyields Serves 4
- 2 medium red heirloom tomatoes – cut in 1/4” slices
- 1 medium yellow or orange heirloom tomato – cut in 1/4” slices
- 1 medium green heirloom tomato – cut in 1/4” slices
- 1 cup mixed heirloom cherry tomatoes or husk tomatoes
- 1 lb bocconcini (baby mozzarella balls) – drained on paper towels
- California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- Arrange the tomatoes and bocconcini onto 4 plates. Drizzle lavishly with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with the basil and serve with sourdough or Italian country bread.
Tip: If you can’t find heirloom tomatoes, try tomatoes on the vine, beefsteak or cherry tomatoes (or a mixture of all three). The tomatoes might not have as much sweetness as heirlooms, but the salad will be just as delicious!