Recipe by San Diego food journalist Maria Desiderata Montana of www.sandiegofoodfinds.com. Photo by John Dole Photography
Whole Wheat Pasta Puttanescayields 8 servings - level Easy
prep time 1 Hour
- 4 tbsp. California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 cup cherry or sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 16 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, scallions, tomatoes and olives. Sauté, stirring very gently, about 5 minutes or until tomatoes and onions soften. Cover and remove from heat.
- Cook pasta and drain in a colander, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl and add pasta water. Add remaining 2 tbsp. California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and tomato mixture and toss until well combined. Top with Pecorino Romano cheese. Serve family style.