We keep a cruet of our extra virgin olive oil at the dinner table. We drizzle the oil on food. It brings out flavor and depth. Fruity Arbequina, for example, draws out the sweetness of a porterhouse steak. Our grassy and peppery Limited Reserve creates a new flavor dimension with practically everything – grilled veggies, frittatas, crusty bread, lentil salad … you get the picture. Below are 10 easy ways you can enjoy good extra virgin olive oil.
- Drizzled on a slice of good artisan bread with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for a taste that’s way better than butter.
- Drizzled on vanilla ice cream with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for a sweet and savory treat.
- Drizzled on popcorn for added flavor (not to mention that many experts agree olive oil is better for your heart than butter, which is higher in saturated fat).
- Blended into mashed potatoes and drizzled over baked potatoes.
- Poured over good cheese, including mozzarella, burrata, and goat cheese.
- Drizzled over oatmeal along with brown sugar or honey.
- Drizzled on grilled lamb and other meats to bring out added flavor and depth.
- Poured into a small bowl with coarse sea salt and freshly cracked pepper for dipping fresh vegetables.
- Drizzled over roasted, grilled, or any cooked veggies such as asparagus, carrots, Brussels sprouts, summer and winter squash, beets.
- And this from cookbook author Dorie Greenspan via Twitter – “Bowl of sugar snaps w evoo+mint+salt. Uber basic but good.”
Let us know your favorite ways to enjoy our olive oil.
Your friends at California Olive Ranch