The new year is ripe with intentions. Many people take this time to set a goal of eating healthier, and we have just the trick to turn that goal into a reality.
The secret is simple: eat healthy food that tastes wonderful. This citrus glazed salmon falls right into that category – where healthy and nutritious meet delicious.
It’s also Paleo friendly, to help us celebrate our new Paleo certification!
- Time: 20 minutes
- Level: Medium
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 salmon filets, skin-on (about 6–8 ounces each)
- 3 Tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together garlic cloves, raw honey, coconut aminos, orange zest, and orange juice together.
- Then in a non-stick pan heat oil on MEDIUM to LOW heat.
- Place salmon skin down in oiled pan – if you hear the pan crackling when the fish touches the oil you know the heat is at the proper temperature. Sear fish for 3 minutes on each side (total 6 minutes). Remove pan from burner and cover.
- In a separate pan, add citrus glaze ingredients and simmer on LOW for 1-2 minutes – stir constantly until it slightly reduces.
- Spoon all of the glaze over the salmon filets and serve with fresh orange slices.
If you make this recipe, we want to see it! Tag us on social media by tagging us @caoliveranch and using #letyourfoodshine or #myCORkitchen. Enjoy!