Recipe from Erin Clarke of The Law Students Wife
- 3/4 pound fresh sweet cherries (such as Bing), pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 Tbl + 1 Tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 Tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp honey
- 1/4 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbl finely chopped fresh basil
- 16 ounces Halloumi cheese
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces (optional)
- Heat your grill to medium.
- Place cherries and red onion in a small mixing bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and honey, then sprinkle with salt. Toss gently, turning coat. Add fresh basil and toss again, until the ingredients are evenly mixed. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Slice Halloumi into 1/4-inch thick pieces that measure approximately 3 inches by 1 and 1/2 inches (12 pieces total.) Spread on a plate and brush liberally with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil Turn and brush the remaining sides.
- Grill the Halloumi 2-3 minutes per side, until the pieces have nice grill marks and are warmed through. Remove to a plate, top with fresh cherry salsa, and serve immediately with baguette slices.