Chef’s Note: This versatile, rich dough works nicely in pizza, focaccia, or olive bread. The fruitier the olive oil, the better the flavor. The recipe is easily doubled or halved. See recipe Zucchini Flatbread with Roasted Tomatoes, click here.
- 2 3⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 1⁄2 Tbs granulated yeast (2 packets)
- 1 1⁄2 Tbs Kosher salt
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1⁄4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 6 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Mix yeast, salt, sugar, and the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil with water in a 5-quart bowl, or a lidded (not airtight) food container.
- Mix in flour without kneading, using a spoon, and a 14-cup capacity food processor (with dough attachment), or a heavy-duty stand mixer (with dough hook). If you’re not using a machine, you may need to use wet hands to incorporate the last bit of flour.
- Cover (not airtight), and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises and collapses (or flattens on top), approximately 2 hours.
- The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though it is easier to handle when cold. Refrigerate in a lidded (not airtight) container and use over the next 12 days.