Recipe courtesy of Own Your Kitchen (Clarkson Potter, 2013), by Anne Burrell
- California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 11 cloves garlic, 10 smashed plus 1 whole clove
- 4 dried chilies, broken into pieces
- 4 thick slices of rustic Italian bread
- 1 pound small shrimp (21–25 are great), peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh Italian parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Generously coat a large sauté pan with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and toss in 5 of the smashed garlic cloves and 2 of the broken chilies. Bring the pan to high heat — it should be screaming hot!
- Toast or grill the bread, then rub each slice with the whole garlic clove, drizzle with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, and keep in a warm spot.
- As the garlic starts to just slightly turn brown, toss in half the shrimp and season with salt. Stir and cook for 1 minute, or until shrimp just turn pink. Remove from heat, and immediately stir in half the lemon juice and half the parsley. Transfer the shrimp to a dish and keep warm. Repeat this entire process with the remaining ingredients.
- Divide the arugula among 4 serving bowls, top with shrimp, and drizzle with the cooking juices. Cut each slice of toast in half on the bias and tuck the bread into the side of the bowl. Serve immediately.