Reprinted with permission from The Gardener & the Grill, 2012 by Karen Adler & Judith Fertig, Running Press, a member of The Perseus Book Group.
- 1 pint mixed cherry and grape tomatoes
- 4 sweet onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Fine kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Thread the cherry tomatoes and onions alternately on pre-soaked wooden skewers. Place skewered vegetables in a large, shallow baking dish. Combine rosemary, California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings and pour over vegetables, coating well. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, turning two or three times.
- Prepare a hot fire in your grill. When ready to grill, place skewered vegetables directly over the fire. Grill for about 3 to 5 minutes, basting frequently with the marinade until the vegetables are slightly charred.