Arbequina Chocolate Brownies
Recipe courtesy of Bacio Catering, Chico, CA
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
- ¾ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground espresso beans or instant coffee or espresso granules
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt chocolate over low heat until smooth- Pour into large bowl. Add to large bowl the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, espresso powder/instant coffee-espresso granules, and vanilla. Whisk to blend. Whisk in eggs & sugar into chocolate mixture. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into oiled pan. If using chopped walnuts, sprinkle on top of batter and place pan in the oven.
- Bake brownies 35-40 minutes, until top is dry and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Enjoy or refrigerate right away for later enjoyment.