Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices Snake River Farms Hardwood Smoked Bacon, cooked, cooled and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, stalk removed, cut in half and then sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and “smashed”
- 1 cup red potatoes, small diced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs Italian parsley minced
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 ‘f. Place heavy roasting pan into oven for 15 mins prior to cooking. Remove heated roasting pan from oven; add a ring of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil to pan; add garlic and cooked bacon and mix well. Add potatoes and sprouts, season with salt and pepper. Put into oven and roast for 15-18 mins. Once sprouts are caramelized and potatoes tender, remove from oven and stir in balsamic vinegar.
- To serve, remove twine and herbs from roast and slice into ¾ inch wide strips. Transfer to serving platter, and surround with roasted sprouts, placing some atop carved meat. Pour reserve juices over tenderloin, and garnish with fresh parsley.