Recipe and photo courtesy of Naren Young of Saxon + Parole.
- 375 milliliters dry vermouth, preferably Noilly Prat
- 1/2 cup chopped Cerignola olives
- 1 1/2 ounces navy-strength gin, preferably Perry’s Tot
- A few drops of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Mixed olives, for serving
- Combine vermouth and chopped olives in a sealed glass container and let sit for 3 days. Shake periodically.
- Chill a cocktail glass by filling it with ice or putting it in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing glass filled three-quarters full with ice, pour the gin and 1 1/2 ounces of the infused vermouth. Stir until chilled, about 30 seconds, and strain into the chilled glass. Carefully drip a few drops of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil (with an eye-dropper, if possible) onto the drink’s surface. Serve with a small dish of mixed olives.