California Strawberry Salad
- 2 ounce Field Lettuce Salad or Organic Baby Greens (approx 2 cups or large handfuls)
- 1 ounce baby spinach (approx 1 cup or handful)
- 6-8 rings red onion shaved very thin
- 4 ounce grilled chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10-12 California strawberries, stemmed and cut into quarters
- 2-3 ounces Sweet Basil Dressing
- Pinch each of fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt for seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, combine the fresh herb salad, the baby spinach, red onion rings, cooked chicken breast.
- Dress with the Sweet Basil dressing. Mix to coat all ingredients with dressing.
- Divide between two chilled salad bowls, pull the lettuce out first and then garnish with the toppings.
- Chef’s Note: Sweet California strawberries paired with field lettuces and spinach, thinly sliced red onions, smoky grilled chicken breast; dressed with a savory sweet basil dressing based upon California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.