- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (1 can drained and rinsed, or freshly cooked)
- 1 cup cannellini or other white beans
- 3 Persian cucumbers, chopped – about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced – about ½ cup
- 1 cup shredded Brussel Sprouts or green cabbage
- 1 cup baby/cherry tomatoes sliced in halves if large or left whole if small
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- Your choice of fruit (1 large apple chopped, grapes, or blueberries all work well)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata and green olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped mint, dill or basil leaves
- 1 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon zaatar or dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea Salt and black pepper as needed
- In a large salad bowl, mix the salad ingredients together: chickpeas, chopped cucumber, baby tomatoes, sliced radishes, chopped apples, cabbage, olives, and fresh herbs.
- In a jar, add all the dressing ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper, zaatar, chili flakes and spices.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix gently to coat. Leave aside for 30 minutes before serving, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, give the salad a quick mix and taste to adjust seasoning.