Clementine and Olive Oil Cake
Recipe courtesy of cafefernando.com. Inspired by the “Olive Oil and Sherry Pound Cake” recipe from Alice Medrich’s book “Pure Dessert”.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. clementine zest*
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup clementine juice*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and flour one 12×4 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and clementine zest and rub together to extract the fragrant oil from the zest. Add California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and mix on high speed until completely combined (preferably with the whisk attachment). Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix on slow speed. Add half of the clementine juice and continue mixing. Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by the rest of the clementine juice and the remaining flour mixture and beat until combined between each addition. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven, wait 10 minutes for it to cool down and then remove from the pan.
*Tip: Depending on size, 2-3 clementines would be enough for the zest and juice