Cumin-Crusted Oven Fries
- 2 1/4 lbs (1 kg) russet potatoes (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 large non-stick jellyroll pan
- Preheat oven to 475ºF (246ºC). Scrub the potatoes but do not peel them. Cut lengthwise in 1/2” wedges.
- Place the potato slices on the jellyroll pan. Drizzle with the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Toss well then spread the slices in a single layer, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes until tender. Remove aluminum foil, flip over each slice. Return tray to oven and continue baking uncovered for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until golden-brown. Remove from oven and serve piping hot, with the mayonnaise on the side if desired.