Recipe courtesy of Alaina Sullivan at Palate | Palette | Plate
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Scant 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Old-fashioned oats, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two loaf pans with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.
- Place bananas in a glass bowl, mash a bit, and place in preheating oven for 5 to 10 minutes to allow them to heat up, and release their liquid. Remove from oven, and gently finish mashing bananas with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, crack eggs, beat lightly, then add brown sugar, honey, California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, vanilla, and yogurt. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, and fold in bananas. Mix until well-combined.
- With a spatula, scrape the batter into the two greased loaf pans. Sprinkle tops with old-fashioned oats.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let loaves rest in pans for 5 – 10 minutes. Use a knife or spatula to loosen all four sides, then flip and tap the bottom to release the bread. Move loaves to a rack to cool completely before serving.