Recipe and photo courtesy of Sydney Kania
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 or 2 Tbsp. of milk (or rice milk)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugars, vanilla, and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Beat in the eggs one a time. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, then add in 1 Tbsp. of milk to make the dough a bit firmer, maybe another tablespoon if you feel the dough is too sticky/dry (I use about 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon).
- Roll the dough into balls with your hands and place on a greased and/or lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden and set. (Mine took about 10 and a half minutes.) These overbake quickly, so it’s better to take them out a bit early if you’re unsure. Allow to cool for a bit on the baking sheet, then move to another surface to finish cooling.